What is YetaWF?
YetaWF (pronounced "Yet another Web Framework") is a web framework/CMS for developers. It builds on ASP.NET Core MVC (also available for ASP.NET 4 MVC5) and has many attributes commonly found in today's CMS like DotNetNuke, Umbraco, Drupal, etc.
Rather than being all things to all people, it narrowly focuses on offering 100% of the features that will satisfy most small to mid-size, average websites and offers a platform for rapid custom development. Tightly integrated with Visual Studio 2015/2017, it offers built-in BREAD (Browse, Read, Edit, Add, Delete) module generation, taking advantage of ASP.NET Core MVC, Data Annotation, Templated Helpers, UIHint and many other innovative features made possible by ASP.NET Core MVC and ASP.NET Core.
YetaWF's underlying principle is "Convention over Configuration". Instead of offering a gazillion ways to do things, YetaWF expects packages and modules to do things "the YetaWF way". By doing so, packages and modules can automatically offer features like automated backup, searching, use in popup windows, tabbed property pages, import/export, access to UI templates, and many other features, which require significant effort in other web frameworks.
YetaWF is a new open source product, developed by Mike van der Meulen of Softel vdm, Inc. It was used to develop and host the company's own site, the LinksWithPics service, the WEO Report service (now discontinued), this site and various other sites.
YetaWF offers easy to design Single Page Sites, Static Pages and of course traditional multi-page sites, all easily created with modules that are added to pages. YetaWF also takes a new approach to localization by being designed from the ground up with localization in mind (again, without burdening the developer with administrative tasks). Pages, modules, down to SQL tables or file data are fully localizable. Adding/removing languages is possible at any time, not just at design-time. Even upgrading is super simple. We have a special upgrade utility that will upgrade your site, even if you skipped a few versions.
For the site administrator, it offers site management, automated backups, easy version upgrades, scheduled tasks and of course complete control over authentication and user/role authorizations. And you can even use it on your phone/tablet without downloading any apps, with full access to all administrator features.
Some of the major features are:
- Single Page Sites
- Static Pages
- More than 35 pre-built packages (see YetaWF Packages)
- Complete site administration
- Authorization management (role and user based)
- Menu design (including MegaMenu support)
- Logging support
- Scheduler to schedule recurring tasks
- Automated site backups
- Automated sitemaps
- Extensive localization support
- Multiple site languages
- Content Delivery Network support
- Geolocation support
- Gravatar support
- much more...
Some of the built-in features for module/skin development include:
- Popup windows for pages and modules
- Extensive Editor and Display Templates and support for custom templates
- Browse, Read, Edit, Add, Display module generation using Visual Studio templates
- Configuration module generation using Visual Studio templates
- Skin development
- Skin module generation using Visual Studio templates
- File upload/download support
- Email sending support (formatted and unformatted)
- ZIP file creation
- RSS support
- RSA and MD5 Cryptography support
- much more...